Home >> CSR >>Health>>Project Arogya
Project Arogya - Preventive Health Care
In November 2008 Global Foundation inaugurated a mobile health van for remote rural areas of Sindhudurg district. The purpose of the health van is to provide health awareness and free checkup and medicine for the rural people who can’t afford to go to hospitals. So far it has conducted 32 medical camps for women, children and elders. The mobile van is fitted with modern medical instruments and it also has one specialist doctor. The mobile van usually visits rural schools for health check up of students and offers free medical advice, referral services and medicine to them. The mobile health van also conducts awareness campaign on various medical issues with villagers and farmers.
- To provide free medical check up in rural areas.
- To detect the prevalent disease & illness and to take early measures and interventions.
- To bring awareness among women, children and old on healthy living and hygiene issues.
- To diagnose and refer critical cases to medical practitioners.
- Health checkup Camp
- Awareness seminar/workshop
- Counseling sessions
- Blood donation
Since inception of the project in Nov 2008 till date, more than 32 medical health checkup camps and workshops have been held, catering to medical needs of more than 4000 people.
We invite the suggestions and feedback on our CSR activities at