Home >> CSR >>Education>>Project Gyan IT
Project Gyan IT - Static Computer Lab
At Global Group we execute O & M and Deployment contracts in rural India. Through our engagement with the community we learnt that IT literacy is still leaps away from the rural population. To bridge this digital divide Global Foundation conceived and started the project GYAN IT to spread computer literacy through training and infrastructure build up.
Basic computer literacy is very low in rural areas due to lack of basic IT infrastructure and skilled manpower. To bridge this digital divide in rural India, Global Foundation has taken initiative to introduce computer literacy program in rural areas with set up of static computer labs in secondary & higher secondary schools in Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra. Global Foundation has installed 8 to 10 computers in each of these schools and also provides both hardware and software supports. Global Foundation also conducts computer training for the teachers.
- To bridge the digital divide in rural areas.
- To initiate computer literacy and awareness in rural areas.
- To upgrade teaching standards with help of computers.
- Installation of computer labs in secondary schools.
- Organized annual computer proficiency competition.
Computer Labs were set up in 99 secondary schools in Sindhudurg district till date.
- The project has impacted over 100,000 students from rural areas.
We invite the suggestions and feedback on our CSR activities at